quarta-feira, 14 de junho de 2017

Older cards I've made - Showcase

                       I


I enjoyed making this simple Christmas card a lot! I think the felt flower gives it a different touch. It is at the same time a traditional card but with original touches. In this case, I thought simpler was smarter. This card was sent to a collaborator of mine. 

                  
This one is a sweet birthday card, with watercolored embelishments. I liked the framing of the flower. Very soft and feminine, with a touch of vintage, I gave it to a friend of mine and she loved it.

This one I created for Halloween and All Saints Day last year. I loved the mixture of the colors and the details with the softer colored ribon and the flowers. I sent it to a friend of mine and she liked it a lot.

This one was also created for the exact same season and I have to admitt it isn't one of my favorites. I think it's important to be able to do some auto evaluation, even if it is about crafting. I think that the moving eyes were a bit too much and I should of used another washi tape. Oh well, at least it was a learning experience.

I had so much fun making this card. It was for Mother's Day and my mother loved it. Her favorite color is blue and I got to use a Portuguese stamp from @docerela. As you can imagine, finding stamps in Portuguese is rare - much easier to find them in English or even in Spanish. But @docerela's stamps are always so pretty and with such high quality that it is always a pleasure to use them. The hard thing was waiting for the stamping ink to dry. I used a variety from Tsukineko that has a slower drying time. When I bought these, I was dumb enough not to make sure it was fast drying. Accostumed as I was to the Memento ones, these were quite the shock. But I liked the end result so it was worth it.


Has anyone noticed that I have a thing for framed flowers in cards? Because it's quite obvious that I do. I loved making this card and like all the little touchs: the pink ribbon, the 3D butterfly and dove and the sentiment too. I sent it to another friend and she was also pleased with it.

Now, this one has an interesting story behind it. A friend of mine who lives in Canada voluntered herself to send me some tea (have I said that I adore tea? No? Well, I adore tea). She wanted nothing in exchange (she's that kind of friend) so I decided to send her a card of my own making. She is a dedicated Christian, she has always been, but a few years ago she had a problem during a surgery on one of her feet. It wasn't something major but the surgeon did something wrong and she went from running marathons for charities to a wheelchair. Now, that would stop me. But it didn't stop her. She turn to her faith and started swimming. She has already donated her hair to three times. Yup, she's that resilient. I am not particularly religious but I had received these stamped papers with Bible quotes. So, there you have it! A religious card for a good friend. She loved it.

Again, @docerela stamps in this Summer themed card. It was the perfect excuse to use that cute ice cream washi tape that I had. I like the mixture of colors and paterns. I sent it to a friend.


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário